Thursday, June 25, 2009

Golf, Posture and Chiropractic

We all know what a great game golf is? It is a sport you can play into your 70’s and there is nothing better then the scent of fresh cut grass in the air.

Recently I was on vacation, and I was able to frequent the golf course on three different occasions. I love watching golfers hit golf balls, because everyone seems to do it in a different fashion? The driving range is the most fun to watch, because people are trying to crush the ball.

The one ingredient I noticed that was missing in 90% of the golfers was they all had improper posture while addressing the golf ball. That is kind of like Kobe Bryant trying to shoot free throws facing in the wrong direction. It is not going to happen! I trained with Paul Callaway of Body Balance for Performance a few years ago, and that was one of his pet peeves.

Most golfers have tight chest muscles, and weak stomach/core muscles. In my chiropractic clinic I also find that most right handed golfers have a very tight right hip region overall. Playing golf like this is equivalent to driving your car with the emergency brake on.

The solution to this above common scenario is to get a full body golf evaluation! This will help detect weaknesses and will help strengthen and fine tune your body. The end result is an improved golf game.

In my chiropractic clinic I have 24 years experience helping golfers reach their true potential. We also have Spinal Decompression available to help eliminate chronic back pain.


Healthfully Yours,

Dr. Bob Moulas

6 comments:

  1. Dr. Bob,
    I can definetly relate to the hips being tight. I like to golf recreationally every now and then but i do play baseball. So the hips being tight definetly can and will slow your swing down no matter what sport you play.

    Bobby B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby,
    I agree with you! Loosen the hips, and you will hit further with less effort in about any sport. A sports chiropractor is a good place to start if you need some advice.
    Thanks,
    Dr. Moulas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Moulas can you recommend some exercises to help loosen my hips>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loan Guy,
    Please contact me through my website at: drmoulas.com.

    Thanks,

    Dr. Moulas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great information for the golf player! It would most likely improve their game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy,
    We are excited about our golf evaluation program, because it is working so well. Thank you for your visit.

    Dr. Moulas

    ReplyDelete