Monday, June 15, 2009

Dr. Moulas on Chiropractic Misconceptions Part I

Doctors of Chiropractic make up the second largest health care profession in the United States. They have the title of “doctor” along with medical doctors and dentists.

The educational background for chiropractors is similar to that of an M.D. Chiropractors have pre-chiropractic studies at colleges before being admitted into Chiropractic College. In chiropractic college, the length of study is 5 years, which is concluded with a clinical internship.

Chiropractors must pass state and national board examinations, where they earn the title “Doctor of Chiropractic.”

6 comments:

  1. Dr. Bob,

    You mentioned that chiropractors have a similar education to medical doctors. How many years to medical doctors go to school? How the circulum different?

    Thanks

    Pete Baca
    The Car Enthusiast Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiropractic is a wonderful profession! Keep up the great work Dr. Bob!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pete,
    Chiropractors and medical doctors spend about 8 years in college. M.D's spend more time studying drugs, while the chiros are more focused on anatomy and physiology of the body.
    Thanks,
    Dr. Moulas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue,
    Thank you for the kind words! Chiropractic is a fun and growing profession. I need more patients like you.

    Thanks again,
    Dr. Bob Feel Good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would much rather go to a Chiropractor then a M.D.
    When I go to my Chiropractor I get instant relief and when I go to my M.D. I get a prescription to mask the pain not take the pain away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy,
    That is good news for me to hear. Please tell all your friends. You are always welcome.

    Sincerely,

    Dr. Bob Moulas

    ReplyDelete