Monday, December 14, 2009

Who Am I And Why Should You Listen?

My name is Dr. Bob Moulas. I was born in Omaha, Nebraska in the year 1956. My mother grew up in World War II turmoil in England, and his Aunts in Nebraska raised my father. We didn’t have a lot of money, but most of the other kids in my neighborhood were in the same boat. The weather was usually to hot or to cold, but we still engaged in your typical routine of sports. We played football, basketball, baseball, etc.

I especially loved baseball! Pitching to be exact! My little league career was so much fun! We only had a coach for one year, and then he was drafted into the Vietnam War. My buddy Dan Adams and myself were player coaches at the age of 9. I used to love going up to the plate with my line up, and getting instructions from the umpire prior to the game. The other coaches were usually 50-60 years old. Talk about on the job training! I wouldn’t trade those memories, even for 51% share of Wal-Mart stock!

Why is a Chiropractor writing a mental conditioning book for golfers you ask? It all goes back to Little League Baseball. I discovered at the age of 10, that if you thought of pitching in your mind – it actually helped you on the field. We didn’t get much practice pitching, and I hated to look bad on the mound. It wasn’t long before I was daydreaming about pitching, and I fell asleep thinking of pitching quiet frequently. Sometimes I pitched entire games in my head. My mind taught me how to throw a slider and a curveball in my dreams. Sound Strange? If I had not fallen in love bodybuilding and power lifting in high school, you probably would have seen me pitch at Yankee Stadium.

I was not a natural at golf. I’ve hit a 1 iron 275 yards, and I have hit my driver 350 yards. Golf takes a lot of time and practice. So, I started playing golf in my mind. The results were astounding!

This book was formulated from all my experiences, seminars, workshops, books, friends, and other professionals. Wouldn’t it be great if most of us played scratch golf? Let me show you how to get an edge on that little white ball. Good Luck!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very interesting childhood. You knew what you liked, that is good at a young age. Great stuff Dr. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    We had a crazy time growing up in the Midwest! I had alot of fun playing baseball. Sports played a big part in my childhood.
    Thanks for the comment young lady,
    Dr. Bob Moulas

    ReplyDelete