Thursday, December 17, 2009

What Is Degenerative Disc Disease?

Degenerative Disc Disease is not really a disease process. This condition occurs when the disc becomes dehydrated and starts to break down. The causes of D.D.D. are numerous: aging, bad diet, smoking, and a lack of exercise. When discs break down, they become more prone to serious conditions such as disc herniations, disc bulges, and spinal sterosis. The end result is a decrease in spinal strength, speed and flexibility. To a golfer this could be the difference between playing pain free or in pain

Spinal decompression machines can create a negative vacuum that actually helps the disc repair itself. Most golfers can recall playing the game in pain. Spinal decompression can help turn back the hands of time, and keep you on the golf course.

4 comments:

  1. "Spinal decompression machines can create a negative vacuum that actually helps the disc repair itself."

    I never knew that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have degenerative discs in my neck,and Spinal Decompression made a world of difference in my neck and in my life. Thanks Dr. Bob so very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tom,
    Spinal decompression works about 90% of the time. I have a machine in my office, and it is always busy.
    Thank you for the comment,

    Dr. Bob Moulas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    You are welcome! I was glad that spinal decompression was the answer to your prayers. Follow up visits about every 4 weeks can help combat gravity.
    Take care,
    Dr. Bob Moulas

    ReplyDelete