Saturday, October 31, 2009

HOW RESILIENT ARE YOU?

Rate yourself on each of these statements using a scale from 1 (Do not agree) to 5 (Strongly agree).

_ I’m usually upbeat. I see difficulties as temporary and expect to overcome them. Feelings of anger, loss, and discouragement don’t last long.

_ I can tolerate high levels of ambiguity and uncertainty about situations. I’m flexible, and comfortable with my paradoxical traits: optimistic/pessimistic, trusting/cautious, unselfish/selfish, etc.

_ I adapt quickly to new developments. I’m curious. I ask questions.

_ I find the humor in rough situations and can laugh at myself. I feel self-confident.

_ I learn valuable lessons from my experiences and from the experiences of others

_ I’m good at solving problems. I’m good at making things work well. I’m often asked to lead groups and projects, though I have an independent spirit amid my cooperative way of working with others.

_ I’m strong and durable. I hold up well during tough times.

_ I’ve converted misfortune into good luck and found benefits in bad experiences.

_ Total score

Scoring

35-40: Highly resilient
30-34: Self-motivated learner
20-29: Somewhat resilient

Less than 20: Poor at handling pressure (but it’s never too late to learn).

Source: Beth Howard

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the enlightenment Dr. Bob. I didnt realize how resilient i was. You are truly great at what you do.

    Bobby B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobby,
    How did you do? Sometimes these little tests can be an eye opener. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

    Sincerely,
    Dr. Bob Moulas

    ReplyDelete