Friday, October 2, 2009

Exercise Without Weight Loss Still Helps

A new study from Texas, Italy, and the Netherlands found a regular 12-week aerobic exercise program consisting of four 30-minute workouts a week improved sedentary, overweight teen’ insulin sensitivity, even if they didn’t shed a pound. (It upped lean teens’ sensitivity too.) This is important because it’s hard to lose weight and keep it off, and if teens have that as a goal, they may abandon exercise when they don’t see the results they want. But if the goal is to increase insulin sensitivity, and possibly avoid diagnosis of or gain control over type 2, then they will see rewards from their hard work. And that means they’re more likely to stick with it.

Source: Remedy Life

2 comments:

  1. It really makes me feel a lot better, and more energy, when I exercise. Great info, thanks, Dr. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    I have been exercising since I was 12. I felt very positive and happy when I exercised. It is important to keep your weight under control, for many health reasons.
    Sincerely,
    Dr. Bob Moulas

    ReplyDelete