Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dr. Bob Moulas on Chiropractic Misconceptions Part III

Do I have to keep going to the chiropractor for the rest of my life? This is a common question I field in my clinic.

Chiropractic treatments are like orthodontics of the spine. With repeated treatments the spine is trained to stay in alignment, and keep pressure off the nervous system. Time is required for braces to hold the teeth in place. Everyone’s condition is different, and once the spine has been corrected, it can be maintained by being checked by a chiropractor about every 4-6 weeks.

It is like an exercise program. Can you quit exercising after you get in good shape?

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Bob,

    I am of the opinion that chiropractic care is like a maintenace of the body. Everyone needs attention to the alignment of the bones.

    Don't many athelets have regular chiropractic care?

    Pete Baca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...it's like getting the oil in your car changed every 3000 miles...except your body can't be traded in for a new one!

    ReplyDelete